Thursday, February 11, 2010

All the Wrong Choices...

For this new website we had to choose either a website with a shopping cart or a small mini-site for a specific campaign. I chose to make a mini-site featuring a cover company called Ideal Ink that. The concept was you would visit the sight and get to create your own custom shirt. There would be no shopping cart just the pledge to "be inventive." The site would then contain information on where Ideal Ink is located and how they do pricing. I was looking for an audience who doesn't know much about screen printing. I wanted to show them how easy it could be to create your very own shirt. Here are my first tries and mistakes.

The first thing I did was borrow the sample shirts from work and scan them ALL in and then remove their backgrounds. There were about 62 shirts. About 4 hours later I had about 62 files that looked like this.

From there I started to design the t-shirt editing space. This is the first design. It is basically to crowded. I didn't really give anything the space to breath.



From here my professor and a few friends suggested that I change the shape of the shirt rainbow to add more intrust. I would also allow you to see a larger area of the shirt.


With my newly created circle I began to redesign. This was the first time I included the logo and accent elements like the shirt tag for navigation. This one was more successful because I was allowing for negative space.

This is how the shirt editor would look when active. I also decided that I had too many shirt choices. I cut it down by about half leaving my with about 30 shirts to choose from.

However, like always, none of these wonderful designs actually made it past this first stage. All had good things to offer but none was the perfect choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment